Though diamonds are a girl’s best mates, colorful gemstones are treasures to young and modern women. Be it any red carpet event, you can see a sparkling outbreak of vivid variations in necklaces, rings, earrings, handcuffs, and bracelets. Lately, girls’ fantasy for gemstone jewelry has reached astounding heights such that they express their singularity by choosing fantastic colored stones for their engagement and bridal jewelry collection.
Thus, it becomes needful to maintain and preserve the sparkle of your precious jewelry. This requires an extra effort, which is actually worth investing like those hundred dollars that you have spent in purchasing them. Your jewelry closet needs attention to detail at least once in a month. If you genuinely connect yourselves with your statement pieces, focus on self-cleaning, correct storage, timely repair and other caring practices.
Since this is the month of aquamarines (March Official Birthstone), let us know some caring tips for your sea-inspired jewelry.
- Measuring to 7.5-8 on Mohs scale, aquamarines are believed to be very durable only if they are treated with care against rubbing and scratching. Avoid any vigorous physical exercises and field jobs while your blue sparklers are on.
- Aquamarine’s blue exhibit clarity and freshness and sparkle of the sea. Regular contact to body lotions, hair sprays, perfumes, deodorants and harsh chemical agents like ammonia result in stone’s dullness and discoloring.
- Use a soft, gentle toothbrush dipped in mild detergent to clean grime deposited in vacant spaces of crystals. Rinse with warm water for an hour or so and then wipe off the moisture with tissue paper and smooth hands. Leave them to dry on a clean, silky cloth.
- Keep away from the burden of detangling your gorgeous aquamarine jewels by storing them in separate sections of your jewelry box.
- Further, avoid direct exposure to sunlight and take your jewelry to a professional for polishing and expert cleaning once or twice a year as per requirements.
- Do not forget the jewelry rule of last in first out. While getting ready for a party, put your jewelry at last and remove it first.
Be the guarding angel for your darling jewelry pieces and treasure them forever and a day.